Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#8: Get Him to the Greek

êêêê

Let me just put this out there: I can't stand Russell Brand. I don't think he is comical or suave at all. Now, that being said, I set all that aside to watch Get Him to the Greek because one of my best friends told me it was hilarious due to the fact that Diddy aka Sean Combs aka Puff Daddy aka P. Diddy aka whatever the hell, was the one that made the movie hilarious. So, going in I honestly didn't have high hopes, because I also think that (even though I love him) Jonah Hill seems to play the same scrambled hysterical character in all of his films. However, this movie was genuinely funny, and mostly due to Diddy. His one liners are what made the movie for me, and Jonah Hill even had some hilariously awkward moments. Rose Byrne (known to me as Helen from Bridesmaids) also had some funny scenes as she played Aldous Snow's (Russell Brand) ex lover/mother of his child/British pop star, Jackie Q.

Get Him to the Greek starts out with Aaron Green (Jonah) who works at a recording company where his boss, Sergio Roma (Diddy), gives him an assignment to get notoriously bad boy/rock star Aldous Snow from England to NY, then to LA in three days. Snow is supposed to perform at his 10 year anniversary concert at the Greek Theater in LA, and along the way make an appearance at the Today Show in NY to promote said concert. Of course madness ensues throughout the entire trip including Aaron having to smuggle drugs on a plane for Aldous, and all the while Sergio is screaming at Aaron to get Aldous where he needs to be. Overall, the movie was comical, but I don't think I will be watching it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment