Wednesday, January 25, 2012

#18: Labyrinth


êêêê

While Labyrinth has been around for a while, and is even considered to some to be a cult classic, I had never watched it before. I never realized that it was a Jim Henson movie, so once I discovered that I decided to give it a chance. I'm a huge fan of anything muppets, and have been since I was a little kid. Labyrinth was extremely 80's with a young Jennifer Connelly as the main character and David Bowie as the evil goblin king.

One night while babysitting her little brother, Sarah (Connelly) is annoyed with him and her parents for making her watch him in the first place. Sarah has a very vivid imagination, and tends to read a lot of mythical novels. So, voicing her frustrations, she wishes that Jareth the Goblin King (Bowie) would come and take her little brother away so she can be an only child again. When this actually happens and the baby is taken away, Sarah realizes quickly that she has made a huge mistake and must go through an extreme maze to rescue her little brother. The film is full of colorful characters, and was quite comical. I enjoyed all the big hair and 80's rock and roll soundtrack. I can see why a lot of people grew up with this film being one of their favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment