Saturday, January 7, 2012

#3: The Devil Inside

êêêê

I had really high hopes for this exorcism based horror flick, but was unfortunately let down. Based on the trailer for The Devil Inside, one would think that the film would be extremely suspenseful and mysterious. However, this was not the case. To me, the scariest part of the entire movie was when a dog randomly jumped up and started barking behind a fence, which was a cheap shock. What was meant to come off as horrifying, became comical and did not even make me want to cover my eyes.

In addition to failing miserably at terrifying the audience, The Devil Inside ended so abruptly that it seemed like the creators ran out of money in the budget. It literally ended at the climax of the entire film. This movie seemed unorganized, and severely lacking in what makes a great exorcism picture. I left the theater somewhat angry, because basically the most "thrilling" and "suspenseful" parts of the movie were in the trailer. Maybe there was too much hype before it came out, and the film itself just couldn't live up to the trailer. Really the only good thing I can say about this film was the up-and-coming actors that played the main characters were not too terrible. However, the extras were atrocious. Save yourself the money, because I would not recommend this movie to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment