Friday, January 13, 2012

#11: Joyful Noise

êêêê

I'm not going to lie, I was a little skeptical about seeing Joyful Noise, because I am not a religious person what so ever. However, being southern means that I was raised on Dolly Parton's music, and she is one of my families' idols. My entire family and I went to see this movie on Friday, and I was happily surprised at how wonderful it was. Joyful Noise had a great message without being in your face about God and going to church. The cast was hilarious and amazing all the while belting out spectacular songs from Michael Jackson to Chris Brown. The rocky, love/hate relationship between Dolly and Queen Latifah's characters was the funniest part of the entire film.

When G.G. Sparrow's (Dolly) choir leading husband passes away suddenly in the beginning of the movie, Vi Rose Hill (Queen Latifah) is then given the position of choir leader. Each woman is left with many tasks and obstacles to overcome in life. G.G.'s delinquent grandson shows up out of nowhere and decides to take a liking to Vi Roses' daughter. Vi Rose is dealing with her husband being away in the military, and her son's Aspergers syndrome. Joyful Noise manages to show the importance of traditions, while maintaining a balance between staying current with today's issues. I really enjoyed this film and was tearing up one minute and laughing hysterically the other. Dolly has some of the best one liners in the entire film, and made me feel like I was having lunch with my grandmas. I cannot say enough positive things about this feel good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment