Friday, January 20, 2012

#15: She's the Man

êêêê

Many of my friends have recommended She's the Man to me for years, and I have always put it off. I mean, really? Amanda Bynes, Channing Tatum, and Robert Hoffman are not my idea of Oscar winners. However, I set my judgements aside, and gave this movie a chance.

When Viola (played by Amanda Bynes) finds out the the girl's soccer team at her high school will be cut and she's not allowed to join the boys team, she takes matters in to her own hands. Meanwhile, her twin brother Sebastian (James Kirk) is supposed to transfer to a different school, but instead runs off to London to play a show with his band. To cover for her brother and in turn prove that she is just as good as the boys, Viola decides to impersonate her brother at his new school, join their soccer team, and beat her school at their first match. Of course, this is all easier said than done. Viola ends up falling for her roommate, Duke (Channing Tatum) who is falling for a different girl, Olivia (Laura Ramsey), who in turn is falling for Viola as Sebastian. Whew.

Overall, I thought this movie was hilarious, and Amanda Bynes physical comedy was really funny. While She's the Man is definitely not picture of the year, it was cute and made me laugh. So, if you're looking for a fun pick-me-up type of movie, then She's the Man is just the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment